This mocha chip ice-cream is smooth, creamy and filled with perfectly balanced expresso and chocolate flavor.
I don’t know about you but I love ice cream! Some people say that ice cream is a summer treat but I love it year round. This ice cream is seriously SO FRICKIN’ GOOD!! My brothers even wrestle over who gets to lick the spatula when I am done making it…
Why I love this Icecream and you should too:
1. Espresso. Who doesn’t love the flavor of espresso???? Espresso adds the power and balance to this ice cream without being overpowering.
2. Cocoa Powder. The addition of cocoa powder to the ice cream is that it balances out the espresso flavor and allows the chocolate flavor to have a chance to meld with the espresso creating a perfect mocha flavor.
3. Espresso Powder. More of that coffee flavor without overpowering the whole dessert.
4. Pure Vanilla. The vanilla adds a depth to the ice cream that is sorely missed without it. It’s hidden and unrecognizable in the end product yet gives the perfect compliment to the espresso and chocolate flavors.
5. Chocolate Chunks. Enough said.
6. Dynamic Texture. Silky smooth and creamy mocha ice cream with the crunch from the bits of chocolate.
Tips and Tricks for perfect Ice Cream
Never made ice cream before? Here are a few tips that you will need to know to make amazing homemade ice cream. When you mix the milk and the sugar together, whisk them together or use a hand mixer for at least 5 minutes. If you put your fingers in the mixture and rub them together, you should not be able to feel any of the sugar granules in the milk. It needs to be completed dissolved or you will have granular ice cream. Keep all of your ingredients cool. This will make it easier for the ice cream to freeze.
Also, make sure to keep the ice cream mixture cold before you place it in the ice cream machine. A good way to make sure it stays cold is to place the mixture in the refrigerator while you set up the ice cream machine. The ice cream takes longer to freeze if the mixture is warmer. Make sure that the ice cream maker’s bowl freezes for at least 24 hours before making the ice cream if it is not fully frozen then the ice cream will not freeze.
It’s important that you use an ice-cream machine to make the ice cream because it allows the ice cream to become light and creamy. It will not have a good texture if the ice cream is simply placed in a bucket and frozen without being churned.
Mocha Chip Ice Cream
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Oz Expresso (cooled to room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Cream
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks (chopped very small)
- Place the bowl for your ice cream machine and make sure to freeze it until solid, at least 24 hours.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until the sugar is fully dissolved and the milk is foamy. About 5 minutes. If you place your fingers in the milk and rub them together you should not feel any of the sugar granules.
- Add the espresso, cocoa powder, vanilla, and espresso powder and mix until fully combined.
- Pour in the cream and stir it to combine. Place the mixture in the refrigerator while you prepare the machine.
- Set up your ice cream machine according to the manufacturers’ instructions, and pour the ice cream mixture into the machine. Allow to churn according to the manufacturers’ instructions.
- When the ice cream reaches a consistency similar to yogurt. Add the chocolate chunks and allow to churn for 5 more minutes.
- Place the ice cream in an airtight container and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- The ice cream will keep for 1 week in an airtight container in the freezer. It will make about 1 quart.
You might like: