These chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are only 5 ingredients, super easy, and naturally gluten-free! What’s not to love?
These quite possibly could be one of the easiest cookie recipes ever. Just 5 ingredients including chocolate chips and vanilla, the three main ingredients that you must have on hand are peanut butter, brown sugar, and eggs. That’s it!
Because I am a peanut butter addict, I always have peanut butter on hand. I get that sometimes brown sugar is nowhere in sight, so if you are out of brown sugar, plain granulated sugar will work as well but you should expect cookies that are a little crisper because brown sugar leads to a chewier cookie.
Because these cookies do not have any leavening agent such as baking powder, baking soda, or yeast, they are dense and fudgy in a peanut butter way. This leads to a slightly longer bake time than other chewy cookies. I love these cookies because they are gluten-free and can easily become dairy-free if you use dairy-free chocolate chips.
Add-In’s and Adaptions
These are only 5 ingredients cookies so if you are feeling creative, you can add many different add-in’s. The sky is the limit!
A few ideas for add-in’s includes, cacao nibs, sunflower seeds, raisins, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, sprinkles, and anything that your mind can think up! Also, if you just want to omit the chocolate chips, or any add-in’s for that matter, that’s cool too! Plain peanut butter cookies are the bomb too.
Peanut butter is a hit at my house and we are definitely the family who buys peanut butter by the buckets. Although we buy everything in bulk, we go through peanut butter really really fast and use so much of it that I actually make my own Hells Kitchen Peanut Butter to spread on toast. (recipe might be coming soon.)
If you make these cookies, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @rosegoldandvanilla or hashtag it #rosegoldandvanilla.
5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ Farhenhiet. Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place the peanut butter, eggs and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Mix in the pure vanilla extract and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. They take longer to bake than a normal cookie because they do not have baking powder.
- Serve warm with a big glass of cold milk.
- The cookies can keep in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use dairy-free chocolate chips or leave the chocolate chips out.
- To make this recipe refined sugar-free, a substitution of 1/2 cup of maple syrup should work well, but the cookies should be slightly thinner.
- Want to make these peanut butter cookies with different add-ins? Substitute a total of 1 cup of your favorite add-ins such as nuts, cacao nibs, raisins or sunflower seeds instead of the chocolate chips.