These muffins are incredibly tender and moist which is quite a feat for a muffin, they also have a perfect balance of coconut and almonds and a heaping pile of chocolate chips.
Muffins are a favorite around my house, and occasionally we have a muffin monday and eat muffins for breakfast. But I love this muffin recipe because it is full of moisture and is not tough like a lot of other homemade muffin recipes.
Have you ever had a dry, crumbly, flavorless, muffin? These chocolate chip coconut almond muffins are anything but. All of the ingredients contribute to moisture and flavor of the muffins.
Although these muffins are not very healthy, they are the perfect treat for a summer brunch or even a muffin monday at your house. Because coconut oil is substituted for melted butter , the coconut flavor subtly balances out the whole muffin.
While you make these muffins, there are a few tips I have to help you make these muffins out of this world. Make sure that the ingredients are at room temperature. If any of the ingredients are super cold, the coconut oil will harden into large chunks. The large chunks would lead to greasy sections of the muffin and dry sections of the other parts. The texture of these muffins is affected by the oil and making sure it is evenly distributed is important.
Pulling out the ingredients early (most importantly the eggs.) makes these muffins perfect. If you want to make these quickly just place the eggs in some warm water. Make sure it isn’t too hot. The warm water will bring the eggs to room temperature.
When you make this recipe, don’t forget to share it on social media! Tag my Facebook page: Rose Gold and Vanilla or Instagram @rosegoldandvanilla and #rosegoldandvanilla.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Almond Muffins
- ½ cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ¾ cup Sugar (153g)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Milk
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (260g)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1½ cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a muffin tin with ten liners.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and the sugar. Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract.
- In a seperate bowl combine the milk and the lemon juice. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into the wet ingredients. Stir until a batter is just combined.
- Add one cup of the chocolate chips, ¾ cup of the unsweetened coconut flakes, and ¾ cup of the sliced almonds. Stir until all of the add ins are evenly distributed into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, coconut flakes, and sliced almonds on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!