Let’s be honest, quick breads are really just cakes made in bread pans. This Cinnamon Crumble Quick Bread is no exception. A sweet and crumbly cake base flecked with cinnamon and warm vanilla, and a crunchy crispy crumble on top. Not to mention a vanilla bean glaze to top it all off, makes this dessert a real crowd pleaser.
When I made this quick bread, I wanted to try something different. Lately I have been reading/seeing on Instagram stories that a lot of bloggers have come to the realization that quick breads and cakes made in loaf pans are almost always over baked on the outside and still under baked in the inside. The solution to this problem is baking the cake at a lower temperature than most recipes call for. I baked this cake at 300 degrees and it turned out perfectly.
Yesterday was a big day for me because I finally got my drivers license! It’s super nice that I can take myself places now and not need to worry about how I am going to get there. I am so glad that I got my test scheduled before winter settles in. (Here in MN that could be basically anytime now. Last year we did get some snow in October but it didn’t stick around for long.)
Let’s Talk Crumble
The perfect dessert needs to have several textures. In other words, when you have a perfect chocolate chip cookie, you need to have a crisp outside and a chewy middle. In this loaf cake, the texture of the cake, the crumble, and the glaze, all complement each other.
This crumble is super easy to make. It’s only 4 ingredients! Four! Any easy way to add a new element to a very basic loaf cake.
Cinnamon Crumble Quick Bread
Cinnamon Vanilla Quick Bread
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Sour Cream (or yogurt)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter (melted)
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray generously. Preheat the oven to 300˚ Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl. Mix until completely combined. Add the eggs.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and sour cream. Stir until completely combined.
- Add the flour and the baking powder stirring until it just comes together without lumps. Add the milk and mix until a smooth batter forms. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour and brown sugar. Add the butter and stir until crumbles form. Sprinkle the crumble over the batter.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla bean paste. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the quick bread.
- The quick bread will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.