These vegan gluten free chocolate snowball cookies are soft, chewy, and melt in your mouth. They are plant based, gooey, and coated in powdered sugar. Make sure to try these cookies that make your gluten free, dairy free, vegan dessert dreams come true.
We have all had that absolutely nasty allergy friendly dessert. The one that tastes like dirt, salt, prunes, or literally nothing at all. The ones with gummy textures and the ones that are so dry that they physically fall apart. I am proud to announce that these cookies DO NOT SUCK like other vegan gluten free desserts. They are good, and it is because these vegan gluten free cookies use actual sugar. *gasp
So many vegan desserts are made with natural sweeteners, and that’s not bad. But if you want a really satisfying dessert that tastes very similar if not identical to the regular version, you have to use good old sugar. While I do believe that there are some desserts where maple syrup, agave, or stevia can make good substitutes, these cookies are not one of them.
Chilling the Cookie Dough
These cookies turn out a lot better if the dough is chilled just a little bit. Because the coconut oil used in this recipe is melted with the chocolate, the dough needs to come down to at least room temperature before they are placed in the oven. The chilling of the dough helps the flavor develop and helps hide the flavor that gluten free flour can give to some recipes.
When you make these vegan gluten free chocolate snowball cookies don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so that I can see what you are making. Also, if you have Pinterest don’t forget to save this recipe so that you can find it again later.
More Recipes to Try:
Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Ground Flax Seed
- ½ cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a saucepan melt together the chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the ground flax and the boiling water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. This makes a vegan egg substitute called flax eggs.
- Pour the melted chocolate and the flax eggs in a large bowl. Add the vanilla, gluten free flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking powder. Mix until completely combined.
- Scoop into 18 balls and chill for 10-15 minutes. Roll the balls in powdered sugar and bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are starting to set. Roll the cookies in powdered sugar again while they are still warm. Enjoy!