These 4 ingredient vegan peanut butter bars are full of creamy peanut butter flavor, hinted with flecks of vanilla, and full of gooey chocolate. The best part is that they only take 30 minutes to make!
I love peanut butter, personally I could eat peanut butter on anything and everything. There is never such thing as too much peanut butter. That’s why I love these vegan peanut butter bars so much.
I have always loved baking and making things for friends and family. But I have not come upon to many recipes that are allergy friendly and still taste good. This is super sad and is a problem that needs to be fixed! So many allergy friendly desserts compromise taste for nutrition. When I eat a dessert I don’t want to be able to tell that it is gluten free. I don’t want to notice that it is vegan. I want to be able to say that its delicious and that’s all that matters. These vegan peanut butter bars are just as good as regular peanut butter bars and that’s my goal.
How to Make a Flax Egg
Flax ‘eggs’ are your best friend when you make a vegan dessert, they are also super easy to make. When you make flax eggs you only need two ingredients, ground flax seed and boiling water.
To properly make a flax egg you need the water to be boiling hot. Not lukewarm, not relatively hot, get that water as hot as you can.
Once you have your hot water ready, pour it over the ground flax seed and stir it up until all of the flax is wet. Now comes the magical part, let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes. As it sits a texture very similar to an egg white will form. (It sounds weird but it’s true) Once this texture has formed your done! You have made a flax egg!
When you make these vegan peanut butter bars don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! I love seeing what your baking! If you are on Pinterest you can also save this recipe so that you can find it again later.
Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
- ¼ cup Boiling Water
- 3 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Sugar (I used cane sugar but any kind will work.)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground flax and the boiling water in a small bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla if desired. Add the flax mixture. Stir until a smooth dough forms. Add the almond milk and the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Pat the dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the bars have golden brown edges.