These small batch cinnamon rolls are the perfect sweet and full of flavor. The soft dough, warm filling, and vanilla bean sour cream icing blend together for the perfect breakfast treat.
Small Batch – Perfect When You’re stuck at home
I have always loved the idea of small batch recipes. They are cute and perfect if you live by yourself or just with a few people. Quarantine has brought the small batch baker out of all of us. The other night I really wanted to make cinnamon rolls so I made up this recipe. It’s just a little bit different from a classic cinnamon roll recipe because it has a vanilla bean sour cream icing. Trust me it is SOOOO good!!!
Small Batch Cinnamon Rolls
- 2/3 cup Milk (Warm to tough)
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 tbsp Butter
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Combine the milk and the yeast together in a medium sized bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, salt, and flours. Kneed until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Place the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 6×10 inch rectangle. Spread the cinnamon mixture over the dough. Roll the dough along the short side.
- Cut the rolls into 6 even slices. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and place the rolls in the pan.
- Allow the rolls to rise until doubled in size. (about 45 minutes) Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Combine the milk, sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean paste in a small bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the warm rolls.
- The cinnamon rolls will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.