These browned butter banana muffins are a great breakfast option that only takes 30 minutes to make. This quick and easy muffin recipe is a cozy way to start your morning.
Muffins have always been one of my favorite ways to start the morning. (besides coffee) There is something special about eating a warm muffin as you wake up. These muffins are super easy to make and don’t require getting up super early so that you can make the perfect breakfast.
Browned Butter- How To Make It
Browned butter adds a dynamic of flavor to these muffins that brings them to the next level. Thankfully, browned butter is super easy to make and requires very little hands on work.
When you make browned butter the one thing to keep in mind is to make sure that you take the time to stir it the whole time you are making it. Don’t worry, it is only a 5-7 minute process. When the bottom of the pan isn’t stirred enough the milk solids have a tendency to stick and burn. The goal of browned butter is to toast the milk solids without burning them. The only step to making browned butter is heat it in a saucepan until the butter is a light golden brown and has a nutty aroma.
Browned Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Bananas
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- Banana Slices (optional)
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, heat the butter until it is a light golden brown and gives off a nutty aroma. Remove the butter from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the browned butter has cooled for 5-10 minutes, mix the butter and the sugars together until they are completely combined.
- Add the eggs to the mixture two at a time. Beat the eggs into the mixture until they are fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda and vanilla to the mixture mixing well.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas. Add the bananas to the butter mixture.
- Mix the flour into the batter. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 dozen muffin tins with paper liners. Scoop batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. The muffins are best enjoyed warm but will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.